Do you have a need to train a geographically dispersed audience?
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) is finally coming into its own as a viable, attractive and cost-effective training method. And no wonder, it’s a budget pleaser: reducing travel, accommodation and lost time costs as well as eliminating the expense of printing hard copies of training materials. In VILT, those materials can be shared digitally.
Although VILT has been around for nearly 20 years, for much of that time its reception was lukewarm. The technology could be clunky and unreliable. Facilitators often felt off balance because they couldn’t “see” and “feel” their participants. Training material that was successful in a classroom fell short when transferred to a virtual learning environment.
Most of those issues have been resolved. Improved technology and increased bandwidth mean the virtual environment can now offer tools to bridge the gap of having the instructor and students being in different locations. Instructional designers and trainers design and deliver online sessions with more interaction than the same session taught in a classroom VILT is not simply a matter of taking material created for the classroom and replicating it online.
That’s where TrainSmart comes in. Our trainers and instructional designers have worked in the VILT space since its early days – learning from personal experience what works and what doesn’t. Having designed and delivered hundreds of VILT trainings our team of experts can provide a VILT learning experience where participants will say, “I didn’t check my email once!”
TrainSmart’s VILT services include:
- Redesigning a traditional instructor-led course to reflect VILT best practices
- Designing, Developing and Delivering original VILT workshops
- Training instructional designers how to create successful VILT programs
- Training facilitators and producers how to deliver VILT sessions that promote engagement and collaboration
- VILT consulting on technology, format, content adaptation and facilitator and producer skills
Favorite Best Practices from TrainSmart’s VILT Team
- Limit VILT sessions to 90 minutes
- Create activities where participants break into small groups
- Utilize built-in tools like polling and chat box to encourage class participation and engagement
- Check in with participants every three to five minutes during the presentation
- Ask participants to say their name every time they speak
A Few Of Our Clients We’ve Developed Virtual ILT For:
TrainSmart will work with you to make sure the training is relevant, compelling, engaging, sustainable and award-winning.
Call us 800-807-8030 or fill out the form below to schedule a time to discuss your vision to see the best way that TrainSmart can support your next project!