Each person brings to work a unique set of skills, knowledge, and beliefs. Each person behaves in a way that they feel is successful. The communication challenges in most work environments relate to the establishment and maintenance of trust.
Effective interpersonal communication is critical to establishing a motivational work environment that maximizes productivity. Communicating effectively in the workplace is an on-site training workshop that looks at behavior as a choice and increases awareness of the consequences behavioral choices have on others. Participants learn that through adaptive behavior they can choose communication strategies that establish trust, minimize conflict, maximize cooperation, and create a positive work environment that increases productivity and enhances job satisfaction.
- Employees productivity is low because of the lack of trust with co-workers
- Morale and job satisfaction is at an all-time low because of conflict among employees
- Communication among co-workers, cross-functionally and vertically is non-existent causing stress, low productivity and conflict in the workplace
- Link behavior, communication, and trust
- Improve communication through various approaches
- Better understand yourself and others
- Recognize and respect individual uniqueness
- Deal with differences in communication styles that can create interpersonal conflict which, in turn, decreases productivity
- Leverage individual strengths and adapt communication strategies that minimize conflict
- Increase communication and influence management skills
- Increase both personal and workplace productivity
- Establish a foundation of behavior-based communication skills on which to build other key competencies
- Motivational Principles
- Conflict and Energy Drains
- Understanding Behavior – DiSC Personal Profile System®: Understanding self and others, Respecting differences, Capitalizing on strengths
- People Compatibility: Recognizing dimensions of behavior and potential style conflict, Choosing behaviors that demonstrate trust and respect, Maximizing cooperation through adaptive behavior
- Keys to Building Trust
- Action Plans
Communicating Effectively In The Workplace is available in the following formats: Conference Breakout Session or Lunch Program, Half-Day Training Workshop, Full Day Training Workshop, Multi-Session Webinar.
Anyone who wants to understand others clearly and respond appropriately in business situations, as well as in business scenarios.
The TrainSmart Solution
TrainSmart can become your full-service training department, delivering solutions to all your on-site training needs. When you partner with us, you gain several advantages, including:
Fully customized content and delivery: We customize our training systems to fit your team, department, and/or your entire organization.
Flexible scheduling: We deliver single session or multiple sessions to meet your timeframes, work schedules, and employee needs/expectations.
Reduced overall costs: On-site is typically less expensive than sending employees off-site. In addition, on-site allows us to develop common languages and terms that reduce communication issues when your employees are back on the job.
Immediate on-the-job application: Employees can immediately apply what they have learned.
Confidentiality is not compromised: What happens on-site, stays on-site.
Building cohorts teams: We can build cohorts teams that result in more productive, more efficient relationships.
Cutting-edge technology: We stay on top of all the latest technological developments in the industry, always bringing the most efficient and cost-effective methods into your organization.
Industry-leading experience: Our best-in-the-industry facilitators bring years of extensive experience and expertise into your company.
Need On-Site Training?
Ready to discuss your communication training needs? Schedule a 30-minute call, so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit. This is a no obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 or fill out the form below.