Same Outcomes As Our 3-Day Face-to-Face Workshop With A Virtual Delivery Method
Class Length: (6) Two-hour live online instructor-led sessions
Pre-work: Everything DiSC® Workplace Profile and Scavenger Hunt
Assignments: Multiple self-recorded presentations and training delivery
Tools Required: webcam, microphone, speakers, and the internet
Most people who call themselves facilitators or trainers today probably did not start out to be one. They often worked in a field where they developed extensive knowledge and then were asked to share what they know with others. Many also had a bit of experience with teaching, writing, or leadership, although a facilitator/trainer can have widely varying backgrounds and experiences.
One common thread though is the fact that many facilitators/trainers were put into difficult situations without much understanding of what the role entailed or how to do it well.
If you think about the good facilitator/trainer you have experienced, each has developed the skills needed to bring information and needed skills to an audience is such a way that the audience is engaged, empowered, and encouraged to change behaviors in a given situation – usually on-the-job – in a positive direction in order to increase or improve individual or organizational performance.
By successfully completing this live online workshop series made up of multiple two-hour sessions, TrainSmart believes you should gain the knowledge and skills needed to be a solid workplace facilitator/trainer.
To Learn to…
- Recognize the importance of considering the participants and their needs
- Identify different learning styles and adult learning principles
- Write objectives and evaluate whether these objectives have been met
- Develop an effective facilitation/training style
- Effectively use training aids and techniques
- Conduct training sessions that incorporate the learned knowledge and skills
Virtual Train-the-Trainer Workshop Dates:
(Six) 120-Minute Sessions
November 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19
Hours: 10:00 a.m. CDT – 12:00 p.m. CDT
Registration Fee: $1,695.00
Who should attend?
- New and Experienced Trainers
- Subject Matter Experts
- Instructional Designers
- Training Managers
- Anyone that is looking for creative techniques and best practices on delivery and design
This workshop series fosters your creativity by helping you to create and deliver engaging and “sticky” learning in an online environment. The course provides hands-on opportunities. Many of the exercises allow you to apply concepts learned to your own training.
Six – Two-hour sessions
Session 1 – Two-hours
Pre-work: Scavenger hunt
Pre-work: Online behavioral assessment: DiSC®
- Getting Started
- Setting Ground Rules
- Creating Community
- Managing Time
FACILITATING IN A VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENT
- Managing yourself
- Working with a producer
- Managing the environment
- Managing the learners
- Managing the meeting tool
Session 2 – Two-hours
DEFINING ANALYSIS & DESIGN
- Using an instructional design model
- Determining required learner proficiency
- Developing performance objectives
- Measuring learning
- Incorporating activities
- Developing the content
Session 3 – Two-hours
ENGAGING THE AUDIENCE
- Adapting principles of adult learning to the audience
- Motivating different types of learners
- Handling different stages of learning
- Facilitating knowledge transfer within a multi-generational workforce
Session 4 – Two-hours
MANAGING THE CONTENT
- Applying Tell 3
- Developing and asking good questions
- Using apps to enhance the content
- Fostering participation and motivation
Session 5 – Two-hours
MANAGING THE VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
- Handling difficult situations
- Creating slides that foster learning
- Employing tips and tricks for online sessions
Session 6 A/B – Two-hours
- Participant final training projects
Payments and Cancellation Policy
Workshop fees are to be paid in full prior to the first day of the workshop.
Cancellations are accepted up to 21 business days prior to the workshop start date. You can reschedule to a new date, hold the paid credit for a future workshop or the purchase of a self-paced product, or transfer the paid credit to someone in your organization (paid credit must be used within one year of the original program date). For refunds, a $200.00 administration fee will be withheld.
Cancellations less than 21 business days prior to the workshop start date are not eligible for a refund. You can reschedule for a new date or hold the paid credit for a future workshop or the purchase of a self-paced product (paid credit must be used within one year of the original program date). Paid credit cannot be transferred.