TrainSMART Delivers 1-Day Time Management Workshops To Help Improve Your Team’s Organization & Time Management In The Workplace
In today’s world, business moves at the speed of light. And one of the greatest challenges is keeping on top of everything. As a result, one of the biggest complaints in the business world today is not having enough time…
But the truth is – the amount of time you have is not the problem, it’s how you use your time that matters.
Many people allow themselves to become bogged down in the hundreds of minor interruptions that cross their desks each day.
This results in a lack of focus on what are supposed to be their priorities. Throw in some personal dis-organization and the natural human tendency to procrastinate and you have a recipe for disaster.
Does this sound like your team members?
If so, partner with TrainSMART to deliver a 1-Day Time Management Training Workshop in Austin, Texas.
TrainSmart’s Time Management Skills Classes in Austin, TX are designed to help you manage your time more effectively.
We teach participants how to:
- Understand time and how you are spending it
- Set short and long-term goals
- Set your daily/weekly priorities
- Plan & schedule your time
- Address time-stealers like procrastination, clutter, and interruptions
- Get yourself organized by developing a system for all your forms of communication
- Develop a plan of action so you leave the seminar ready to make some real changes
Time Management Course Outline
- Understanding Time: Can we really manage TIME? How much does time cost and how are you spending it? Assess current time management habits. Identify the benefits and challenges of managing time.
- Setting Goals: Identify long-term, short-term, professional, and personal goals. Make better decisions by relating them to your goals. Creating SMART goals.
- Planning and Scheduling: Projects vs. Tasks, Creating and Managing To-Do Lists, Scheduling Appointments – what should go on the calendar?
- Prioritizing: What is most important? Value-based prioritizing, Decide what to eliminate, Reduce repetitive time wasters, When is your prime time?
- Time Stealers: What to do about interruptions, procrastination, too much clutter, and other things that steal our valuable time.
- Getting Organized: Paperwork, Email and Voice Mail, Developing a System, Time Management Tools
- Building an Action Plan for Change
On-Site Custom-Tailored Workshop Information
TrainSmart can become your full-service training department, delivering solutions to all your on-site training needs. When you partner with us, you gain several advantages, including:
content & delivery
Organize & Manage
Your Time At Work
- Take the first 30 minutes of every day to plan your day. Don’t start your day until you complete your time plan. The most important time of your day is the time you schedule to schedule time.
- Only check email at specific times throughout the day. Turn off the notification so that you are not distracted every time a new email comes in.
- Identify times of the day for making and returning phone calls.
- Schedule this on your calendar.
- Learn how to say “no” professionally – even to your manager! Clearly identify WHEN other people’s tasks and priorities are needed and then figure out how to organize them into your
- Hang a sign on your door or cubicle that lets others know when you are unavailable for interruptions – and when you are!
- Once a quarter, track your time, energy, and thoughts. Analyze when you are being productive and what is wasting your time and energy.
- Create a plan for adjustments.
- Schedule time in between meetings to review and revise notes and next steps.
- Reduce or eliminate distractions such as Facebook, text messages, or other instant messaging.
Choose TrainSMART To Improve Your Employee’s Time Management Skills Today!
The Time Management workshop is one of our core offerings. TrainSmart will work with you to tailor the Time
Management workshop to emphasize key topics such as prioritizing tasks; organization skills and tips and techniques to
organize and manage your time; the value of goal setting and strategies to execute and individual action planning.
Regus Arboretum Plaza
Plaza 1 – 9442 Capital of Texas Highway North
Austin, TEXAS 78759
Phone: (800) 807-8030 ext. 1