Session Length: 75 minutes
The familiar bell-shaped adoption curve is no longer a valid way to the adoption of new products, services, and processes. Innovators and early adopters jumped on board first, followed by a vast majority, and finally the laggards. All that has changed. The new product (and technical adoption) now looks like a Shark Fin – a few trial users and a very large steep spike of everyone else. Today’s marketplace is a series of rapid-fire Shark Fins hitting one after another.
The World Economic Forum predicts that increasing need for creative problem solving, quick decision-making, and innovative thinking (creating new and novel insights).
Today, the speed and accuracy of where we pivot to has never been more important
- Leadership, managers, and team members
McKinsey’s Global Innovation Survey found the 84% of executives agree that innovation is essential for their business growth. However, only 6% of those same executives were satisfied with the outcomes of their innovation efforts. Many leaders reported struggling with problem identification and how to improve their innovation processes.
To Learn to…
- Overview an innovative thinking process
- Self assess personal preferences for each step in the innovative thinking process
- Conduct interactive demonstrations of three tools for creating new ideas/deeper insights faster
- Create an opportunity plan for deploying these new tools
- :05 Welcome and Learning Objectives
- :15 Overview of the innovative thinking process
- Personal self-assessment of natural innovation type
- :15 Clarification tool – 5 H’s and Why
- :15 Ideation tool – Assumption reversal
- :15 Development tool – P.O.I.N.T.
- :10 Personal commitment letter
- 3 actions you’ll take in the next 24 hours
- A clear understanding of the innovative thinking process
- Personal clarity around the ways each person is creative
- How they can contribute to innovative thinking
- Increased ability to:
- Identify the root cause of a challenge
- Use of collaborative, positive language to frame brainstorming
- Enable exploration of more wild ideas, stretching the realm of the possible
- Provide a framework for evaluating high potential ideas and transforming them into solutions