Elevate Leadership Impact with Executive Presence Training: A Strategic Investment for Your Organization’s Future
In today’s competitive job market, it’s not enough to simply be good at your job – you also need to have an executive presence. But what is executive presence, and how can you develop it? That’s where TrainSMART’s Executive Presence workshop comes in.
This interactive workshop is designed specifically for seasoned professionals who need a little more polish when communicating with executive-level personnel. Whether you’re running meetings, presenting to upper management, or simply speaking with executive-level employees, this workshop will teach you the skills you need to succeed.
You’ll learn how to handle and answer questions appropriately, speak with authority, think on your feet, and respond in a quick, confident manner. With TrainSMART’s Executive Presence workshop, you’ll gain the skills and confidence you need to take your career to the next level.
- Long-standing professionals are knowledgeable in their job but weak in communicating ideas to senior management and up
- Seasoned professionals give presentations often, but still, feel very anxious about doing so
- Old habits die hard; a valuable employee keeps displaying bad habits when communicating either one-on-one or in a group setting
The TrainSMART Solution
- Learn how to project confidence and poise
- Learn how to choose words carefully for effective executive communication
- Learn how to present with strength
- Learn how to speak concisely
- Learn how to get to the point
- Learn how to manage a challenging room
- Handle and answer questions appropriately
- Speak with authority
- Think on their feet
- Respond in a quick, confident manner
- Exchange ideas comfortably in a group setting
- Project confident, relaxed body language
Executive Presence Training Outline
This is a highly customized workshop. Topics and outlines will be customized; we focus on the areas you want to improve.
Executive Presence workshop is available in the following formats:
- A Blended Solution
- One-Day Face-to-Face Workshop
- Multi-Day Face-to-Face Training Workshop
- Multi-Session Webinar
- Live Virtual Instructor-led Workshop
- Professionals who present or speak with middle or higher-level management.
- Anyone who would like to improve their professional image and communication skills
TrainSmart is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (2000) and a Woman Small Business (2015).
We have approximately 300 facilitators, professional development trainers, instructional designers, and content developers strategically located in the United States and around the world.
Executive Presence FAQs
What is executive presence?
To have executive presence means to exude confidence, credibility, and authority through one’s actions and words. It’s being able to come across as trustworthy, knowledgeable, and capable of taking the lead from other people. The ability to project an air of authority is essential for those aspiring to or already working in positions of power.
How do you develop executive presence?
- Realization of one’s own capabilities and limitations, and the development of strategies for making optimal use of one’s strengths.
- Authenticity: Show that you are who you say you are and stick to your principles while keeping a dignified posture.
- Self-assurance: Remind yourself of your many strengths and successes to boost your sense of self-assurance.
- Effective and persuasive communication requires strong verbal, nonverbal, and listening abilities.
- Emotional intelligence: hone your capacity for self-awareness, emotional control, and social interaction.
- Appearance: Always present yourself in a professional manner befitting your position and field.
- Exhibit leadership qualities such as decisiveness, initiative, and the ability to motivate people to follow your lead.
How to have an executive presence?
Developing an executive presence involves working on the aforementioned skills on a regular basis. Give your full attention to bettering yourself, actively seek advice from respected coworkers and mentors, and view setbacks as opportunities for growth. Hone your leadership and communication abilities, be flexible, and stay true to who you are.
How to improve executive presence?
Developing a more authoritative air takes time and effort. Here are some suggestions for development:
- Seeking input frequently from coworkers and mentors.
- Participating in training programs like workshops, classes, and mentoring.
- Taking cues from leaders who exude authority and poise in their roles as examples.
- Using effective communication strategies in your work and personal life.
- Seeking for and actively engaging in experiences that push you beyond your comfort zone in order to build resilience and flexibility.
- Creating a name for yourself that stands for what you believe in and will help you succeed is a point.
How to practice executive presence?
To put your newfound knowledge of executive presence into practice, you must integrate its tenets into your everyday interactions and activities. Methods of practice include the following:
- Practicing or role-playing tough interactions and speeches.
- Being an engaged listener and showing empathy in every conversation.
- Keeping an upbeat demeanor, making direct eye contact, and utilizing friendly body language all count as
- Keeping cool under duress and controlling one’s emotions.
- Persistently looking for ways to take charge and show initiative.
- Attending networking events to hone your people skills and expand your professional network.
Need A Private Workshop For A Group?
Ready to discuss your company’s executive presence training needs? Schedule a 30-minute call, so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit. This is a no-obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 ext. 1 or fill out the form below.