Are you tired of attending endless meetings that don’t seem to get anything accomplished? Do you wish your team could learn how to make the most of every meeting? Look no further than TrainSMART’s custom-tailored meeting facilitation training workshops.
Our workshops are designed to teach your team how to understand the elements of productive meetings, recognize the cost of a meeting, and consistently use a meeting process for greater success. With our training, your team will be equipped to improve their facilitation skills and make the most of every meeting they attend.
The statistics are staggering: 25 million meetings take place each day in the U.S. alone, with 15% of an organization’s collective time spent in meetings (and that number is growing). Middle managers spend 35% of their time attending meetings, while upper management spends even more.
But the problem isn’t just the number of meetings. It’s that nearly 70% of meetings are considered unproductive by executives, who cite poor meeting facilitation as a major culprit. But with TrainSMART’s effective meetings training, you can change that.
Our workshops offer practical, easy-to-implement strategies for planning and conducting productive meetings. Your team will learn how to reduce the number of meetings they attend, while also making the ones they do attend more engaging, participative, and productive.
So if you want to empower your team to make the most of their time and resources, contact TrainSMART today to schedule your custom-tailored meeting facilitation training workshop.
- Lack of planning for effective meetings
- Unproductive meetings
- Unclear goals, purpose, and focus
- Meeting interruptions and tangents
- Lack of participation
- No decisions, action items, or follow-up
- Understand the elements of productive meetings
- Understand the cost of a meeting
- Consistently use a meeting process for greater success
- Improve facilitation skills
- Use various tools to assist with meeting effectiveness and follow-up
- Manage interruptions and stay focused
- Create an Action Plan
Meeting Facilitation Training Course Outline
- Elements of Productive Meetings
- The Cost of a Meeting: Justifying the meeting costs, identifying other ways to get the information
- The Meeting Process (in-person and virtual): Plan, Start, Facilitate, Close, Follow-up
- Planning: Setting Goals, Using an Agenda, Communicating Expectations, Identifying the Participants
- Starting: Restating goals, Setting Ground Rules, Assigning Roles, Appreciating Participants
- Facilitation Techniques: Encourage participation, Ask Questions, Manage Conflict, Staying Focused
- Facilitation Tools: The Parking Lot, Flip Charts, PowerPoint
- Web Conferencing Best Practices
- Closing: Summarizing the meeting, Assigning Action Items and Due Dates,
- Follow-up: Sending Meeting Notes, Adding follow-up dates on calendar, Accountability
- Applying Skills: Create an action plan
Effective Meeting Essentials is available in the following formats:
- Face-to-Face Half-Day Training Workshop
- Face-to-Face Full Day Training Workshop
- Multi-Session Webinar
- Live Virtual Instructor-led Training
- TrainSMART’s Effective Meeting Facilitation Face-to-Face Training is for managers, team leaders, facilitators, human resources, and anyone who is responsible for facilitating or attending meetings.
Live Online Instructor-Led Workshops
For Effective Meetings
How To Run Virtual Meetings
Using Zoom, Adobe Connect & MS Teams
Session Length Options: 90 minutes
In this session, we will review the fundamentals of using Zoom effectively. In addition, we will focus on the elements that are specific to running a successful virtual meeting.
Making Meetings Work
Session Length Options: 90 minutes, 3 hours, 4 hours
In this session, we’ll review the fundamentals of good meeting practices that apply to both in-person and virtual meetings. In addition, we’ll focus on the elements that are specific to running a successful virtual meeting.
Question This Page Answers
- What company’s provide meeting facilitation training?
- How to be a good meeting facilitator?
- What are the best practices for meeting facilitation?
- What is meeting facilitation?
- How to improve meeting facilitation skills?
- Who offers live online effective meeting training?
TrainSmart is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (2000) and a Woman Small Business (2015).
We have approximately 300 facilitators, professional development trainers, instructional designers, and content developers strategically located in the United States and around the world.
Do you offer live online workshops?
TrainSMART offers live online instructor-led training workshops. Please contact us at 800-807-8030 ext. 1 or fill out the form below to discuss bringing our meeting facilitation workshop to your company today.
Ready to discuss your on-site meeting facilitation skills training for your team? Schedule a call 800-807-8030 ext. 1 or fill out the form so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit.
Let’s Discuss Your On-Site Meeting Facilitation Needs
Clear, Concise, Compassionate
Talk Skills That Pay the Bills – Our communication training will equip your team to connect, collaborate, and drive results.
Inspirational, Transparent, Strategic
Our advanced communication training will empower leaders to inspire teams, resolve conflicts, and champion change through expert messaging and dialogue skills.
Inspirational, Strategic, Authoritative
Our intensive communication training equips executives to convey vision, lead with credibility, and maximize impact through articulate and thoughtful interaction.
Clear, Engage, Polish
Our corporate presentation training transforms subject matter experts into engaging speakers who captivate audiences and drive meaningful action.
Executive Presentation Skills
Strategic, Authoritative, Inspirational
Elevate your executive presence: Master the art of captivating audiences through our proven presentation skills training for executives.
Authentic, Compelling, Strategic
Harness strategic storytelling to inspire, engage, and influence – our corporate storytelling training equips leaders with the narrative tools to drive change.
Self-Awareness, Empathy, Automated
Work together with a dependable training content developer such as TrainSMART to create compelling training materials.
Gravitas, Connection, Vision
Project uncompromising executive presence and authority – our targeted training sharpens the skills to captivate rooms and drive results.
Polished, Curious, Discreet
Foster a culture of excellence – our professionalism training strengthens employee conduct to uphold organizational values and standards.
Clear, Concise, Courteous
Craft workplace-ready communications – our email etiquette training equips teams with the techniques to project polish and expertise through every inbox exchange.
Clear, Concise, Engaging
Accelerate performance with targeted professional development – our business training sharpens the skills to enhance workplace productivity and results at scale.
Structured, Inclusive, Efficient
Harness the power of effective meetings – our meeting facilitation training sharpens leaders’ skills to steer group dynamics toward decisions and ownership.
Engaging, Practical, Empowering
Elevate customer service through masterful communication – our targeted training fuses staff empathy and expertise to deliver five-star service and satisfaction.
Presenting With Confidence
Transformational, Interactive, Indespensible
Become skilled, confident, and quick on your feet in unplanned situations – register your team for TrainSMART’s 1-day, interactive Presenting With Confidence workshop.
Designing Effective Presentations
Visual, Captivating, Transformational
Transform monotonous slides into visually captivating presentations that resonate with your audience by joining our immersive workshop where you’ll master advanced design techniques and create compelling materials tailored to your stakeholders’ preferences.
Presenting To Leaders
Persuasive, Executive, Authoritative
Master the art of captivating and persuading executives by joining our intensive workshop where you’ll gain insider techniques to structure high-impact presentations, establish credibility, handle on-the-spot questions, and inspire leaders to action.
Designing Effective Presentations
Dynamic, Captivating, High-Impact
Invest in your employees’ success by hosting our immersive in-house workshop and equip your team with the advanced PowerPoint skills to deliver visually stunning, persuasive presentations that drive business results.