Meeting Facilitation Training – Learn How To Run Productive Meetings
Are you tired of attending endless meetings that don’t seem to get anything accomplished? Do you wish your team could learn how to make the most of every meeting? Look no further than TrainSMART’s custom-tailored meeting facilitation training workshops.
Our workshops are designed to teach your team how to understand the elements of productive meetings, recognize the cost of a meeting, and consistently use a meeting process for greater success. With our training, your team will be equipped to improve their facilitation skills and make the most of every meeting they attend.
The statistics are staggering: 25 million meetings take place each day in the U.S. alone, with 15% of an organization’s collective time spent in meetings (and that number is growing). Middle managers spend 35% of their time attending meetings, while upper management spends even more.
But the problem isn’t just the number of meetings. It’s that nearly 70% of meetings are considered unproductive by executives, who cite poor meeting facilitation as a major culprit. But with TrainSMART’s effective meetings training, you can change that.
Our workshops offer practical, easy-to-implement strategies for planning and conducting productive meetings. Your team will learn how to reduce the number of meetings they attend, while also making the ones they do attend more engaging, participative, and productive.
So if you want to empower your team to make the most of their time and resources, contact TrainSMART today to schedule your custom-tailored meeting facilitation training workshop.
- Lack of planning for effective meetings
- Unproductive meetings
- Unclear goals, purpose, and focus
- Meeting interruptions and tangents
- Lack of participation
- No decisions, action items, or follow-up
- Understand the elements of productive meetings
- Understand the cost of a meeting
- Consistently use a meeting process for greater success
- Improve facilitation skills
- Use various tools to assist with meeting effectiveness and follow-up
- Manage interruptions and stay focused
- Create an Action Plan
Meeting Facilitation Training Course Outline
- Elements of Productive Meetings
- The Cost of a Meeting: Justifying the meeting costs, identifying other ways to get the information
- The Meeting Process (in-person and virtual): Plan, Start, Facilitate, Close, Follow-up
- Planning: Setting Goals, Using an Agenda, Communicating Expectations, Identifying the Participants
- Starting: Restating goals, Setting Ground Rules, Assigning Roles, Appreciating Participants
- Facilitation Techniques: Encourage participation, Ask Questions, Manage Conflict, Staying Focused
- Facilitation Tools: The Parking Lot, Flip Charts, PowerPoint
- Web Conferencing Best Practices
- Closing: Summarizing the meeting, Assigning Action Items and Due Dates,
- Follow-up: Sending Meeting Notes, Adding follow-up dates on calendar, Accountability
- Applying Skills: Create an action plan
Effective Meeting Essentials is available in the following formats:
- Face-to-Face Half-Day Training Workshop
- Face-to-Face Full Day Training Workshop
- Multi-Session Webinar
- Live Virtual Instructor-led Training
- TrainSMART’s Effective Meeting Facilitation Face-to-Face Training is for managers, team leaders, facilitators, human resources, and anyone who is responsible for facilitating or attending meetings.
Live Online Instructor-Led Workshops
For Effective Meetings
How To Run Virtual Meetings
Using Zoom, Adobe Connect & MS Teams
Session Length Options: 90 minutes
In this session, we will review the fundamentals of using Zoom effectively. In addition, we will focus on the elements that are specific to running a successful virtual meeting.
Making Meetings Work
Session Length Options: 90 minutes, 3 hours, 4 hours
In this session, we’ll review the fundamentals of good meeting practices that apply to both in-person and virtual meetings. In addition, we’ll focus on the elements that are specific to running a successful virtual meeting.
Question This Page Answers
- What company’s provide meeting facilitation training?
- How to be a good meeting facilitator?
- What are the best practices for meeting facilitation?
- What is meeting facilitation?
- How to improve meeting facilitation skills?
- Who offers live online effective meeting training?
TrainSmart is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (2000) and a Woman Small Business (2015).
We have approximately 300 facilitators, professional development trainers, instructional designers, and content developers strategically located in the United States and around the world.
Do you offer live online workshops?
TrainSMART offers live online instructor-led training workshops. Please contact us at 800-807-8030 ext. 1 or fill out the form below to discuss bringing our meeting facilitation workshop to your company today.
Ready to discuss your on-site meeting facilitation skills training for your team? Schedule a call 800-807-8030 ext. 1 or fill out the form so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit.
Let’s Discuss Your On-Site Meeting Facilitation Needs