Business Writing Essentials teaches the basics of business writing from improving grammar to writing with clarity to being a better proofreader. You will learn how to create letters, memos and emails that are more effective, get the desired results and create a good impression on the reader.
- Writing is not clear
- There are grammar and spelling errors
- The writing style does not convey the tone and is not consistent
- Letters, memo’s and emails are not effective and do not produce desired results
- Find and correct the four most common grammar mistakes
- Write high-impact letters and memos and get the results you desire
- Ensure your writing is “politically correct”
- Smash your writer’s block
- Organize your writing for better results
- Understand the rules of netiquette to create better, shorter and more effective emails
- Write a proper letter or memo
- Say “No” in your writing without risking business relationships
- Use the tips on proofreading
Business Writing Course Outline
- Grammar Made Easy: Review the rules of punctuation and spelling, how to avoid the four most common grammar mistakes
- Writing For Results: Learn the 5 C’s of effective writing, learn how to measure the clarity of your writing and how to improve it, find out how to give your writing that extra pizzazz
- Writing Politically Correct: What should you never do in your writing, how to make sure that your writing meets today’s tough business writing standards
- Getting Started: What to do if you have writer’s block? learn how to get started and how to stay focused on the topic, learn the most important “thing” you must have in the first paragraph of almost everything you write
- Effective Writing: Learn the six organizational methods, find out what you learned in grade school that you MUST use in order to create a well-organized report
- Netiquette: Discover the ten most important rules to follow when writing an email, learn the new communication problems email has produced and how to avoid them, find out when email is the proper form of communication and when it is not
- Letters And Memos: What are proper memo and letter writing standards, learn how to say “no” in your writing without risking business relationships so you can continue to do business with the reader in the future
- Editing And Proofreading: Learn how to edit your documents, learn four techniques to make you a better proofreader and the six most commonly missed errors
*Optional: Each participant will be asked to submit, prior to the first day of class, up to three samples which the instructor will review with the participant the day of the workshop. Additional service includes post class coaching and review. Coaching frequency depends on the client.
Business Writing Essentials is available in the following formats:
- Half-Day Face-to-Face Training Workshop
- Full Day Face-to-Face Training Workshop
- Multi-Session Webinar
- Business professionals at all levels who want a quick and easy approach to any writing: emails, general correspondence, memos, and reports.
Questions This Page Answers About Business Writing
- Who offers on-site business writing training for employees, managers & executives?
- Where can I find a half-day business writing workshop for my team?
On-Site Pricing Options
|Number of Participants||Half-Day |
|Up to 6 Participants||$3200||$4200||$7000||$7900||Call For Pricing|
|Up to 12 Participants||$3600||$4600||$7500||$8400||Call For Pricing|
|Up to 18 Participants||$4000||$5000||$8000||$8900||Call For Pricing|
|Up to 24 Participants||$4400||$5400||$8500||$9400||Call For Pricing|
|Up to 30 Participants||$4800||$5800||$9500||$10400||Call For Pricing|
|Up to 36+ Participants||$5200||$6200||$10000||$10900||Call For Pricing|
|Over 36+ Participants||Call For Pricing||Call For Pricing||Call For Pricing||Call For Pricing||Call For Pricing|
On-Site Training FAQs
Do you offer public workshops?
TrainSMART’s instructor-led training workshops are only offered on-site at your location. We do not offer this workshop in a public seminar format. Please contact us at 800-807-8030 ext. 1 or fill out the form below to discuss bringing this workshop to your company today.
What States Do You Offer Training In?
Ready to discuss your on-site business writing training needs? Schedule a 30-minute call, so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit. This is a no-obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 ext. 1 or fill out the form below and we will respond shortly.