Session Length Options: 60 minutes
The highly interactive, fun team-building activity brings Improv to a virtual environment and incorporates activities that incorporate your company’s core values. This includes a virtual storytelling activity that is, realistic, and includes sharing company solutions to organizational challenges while having so much fun!
- Twenty minutes of warm-up Improv exercises…giving permission for all to bring their diverse creativity to each team story
- Assignment to teams and client situation (roughly 4 teams per situation
- Rehearse and record the story in breakouts
- Submit the recording to the Judging Station
- Strong stories from each client situation will be shared at the close of the virtual day
- Prizes (optional)
The story will be based on a proven Improv technique called the Story Spine. Story Spine is an idea/tool about the spine of any story. The whole point of the tool is to provide a framework for a well-constructed story with a beginning that establishes a routine, an event that breaks the routine, a middle that shows the consequences of having broken the routine, a climax that sets the resolution to the story in motion, and the resolution. It goes like this:
- Once upon a time….
- But one day….
- Because of that…
- Because of that…
- Because of that….
- Until finally…
- And ever since then….
- The moral of this story is…
Participants will build a story about a client crisis and use the company’s core values to resolve the issue.
Improv, more than most potential team-building activities, embodies the spirit of core values. It can only be successful if there are collaboration and trust. The storytellers have to make decisions with conviction to move the story forward. Each of the Improv participants has to relentlessly read the cues of their teammates, and demonstrate flexibility by being willing to shift their perspective in order to come to a successful conclusion.