An organization’s core values are one of its accelerators. The more clarity and alignment around the way employees and team members interact, the more momentum there is within the company. This program leverages the power of storytelling – of catching others actively living out the organization’s core values. These personal stories of your values in action resonate with both the head and the heart. Powerful examples of how employees are virtually showing up for one another. Likewise, this program is also a forum for sharing any core values that aren’t being upheld and how employees might better leverage the missing behaviors.
Following a round of storytelling regarding each of the values, employees will be asked to create a 20-second video using their smartphone. A montage of impactful behaviors and actions will be created for each value. These can then be shared back with the organization, posted on the company’s intranet and website, and shared with customers as well as vendors.
- Managers, team leaders, team members, and HR professionals.
As organizations have moved to a virtual model, core values have become harder to reinforce. With every new employee, the culture is potentially diluted by the new hire’s previous values. Without day-to-day, in-the-moment experiences, core value clarity can drift. And within teams, the beliefs and assumptions around “the way things are done around here” are driven more by individual experience. Collaboration grows more difficult as your core values become less clear.
Participants will learn to…
- Develop psychological safety
- Share their personal truth and voice as to how they see (or don’t see core values in action)
- Actively listen to the perspectives of others
- Define the behaviors that will guide collaborative work in a virtual organization
- Tell an aligned story of the values to both internal and external audiences
Session 1 – 30 min.
- Program Overview
- Employee reflection assignment – note core value stories in your part of the organization
- Select a story and an object (picture, icon, or symbol) that helps convey the essence of the story
Session 2 – 2 hrs.
- Virtual storytelling – bringing the values in action to life
- Personal story recording on a smartphone
- Submit the video story to the TrainSmart editor
Edit core value montages
Session 3 – 45 min.
- Debut stories on a virtual video call
- Post montages on the intranet and website
- Share montages with customers and vendors