Negotiations In A Virtual Setting Workshop
Session Length Options: Five 90-minute virtual sessions, an assessment, and readings will be interspersed between sessions
Even before the pandemic, the percentage of digital negotiations was increasing. Video technologies, inexpensive teleconferencing, and email were becoming the norm for prepping for and negotiating with counterparts.
Anyone who must strike a deal, hammer out a contract or finalize an agreement for products and services. Besides these principal negotiators, each of us runs into differences in interests daily. Literally, everyone could benefit by knowing how to use digital tools in a virtual environment to optimize their desired outcomes.
Virtual negotiations tend to result in shallower relationships and less satisfying outcomes. Online negotiation can also inhibit group decision-making and take longer to conclude. According to the American Psychological Association (APA), women generally become less cooperative in online environments while men’s tactics remain relatively stable. Knowing how to manage the pitfalls of virtual negotiations can mitigate sub-optimal agreements.
To Learn to…
- Lead and facilitate principled virtual negotiations
- Build sustainable relationships that enable objective results
- Practice people reading
- Frame initial ground rules and parameters to accelerate collaboration
- Uncover each parties interests and their importance
- Leverage digital tools appropriately
- Gain virtual negotiation skills through simulated negotiations
- Conclude negotiations effectively for mutual gain
- Create a real-world game plan for facilitating a virtual negotiation
- Complete the Kraybill Conflict Style Inventory assessment (prework)
- Define negotiation and the five modes of managing conflict
- Identify the uses and misuses of each mode, and skills needed to apply it
- Understanding one personal negotiation “style” – both when the negotiation begins as well as when things become contentious
- Review the key tenants of principled negotiations
- Participate in a simulated virtual negotiation
- Create a virtual negotiation flow – activities and digital tools
- Virtual negotiation best practices
Questions This Page Answers About Instructor-led Live Virtual Negotiation Skills
- Company’s that offer virtual negotiation skills training?
- Who offers group negotiation skills training live online?
Need A Live Virtual Instructor-led Workshop?
Ready to discuss your live virtual instructor-led training needs for a negotiation skills workshop for your group? Schedule a call 800-807-8030 ext.1 or fill out the form below. We look forward to connecting with you.