Session Length Options: Six 120-minute virtual sessions
Finding your company’s “second act” has never been more important. In the past, new products and distribution methods were adopted according to a familiar bell-shaped curve. Innovators and early adopters first, followed by a vast majority, and finally the laggards. All that has changed. The new product (and technical adoption) now looks like a Shark Fin – a few trial users and a very large steep spike of everyone else. Today’s marketplace is a series of rapid-fire Shark Fins hitting one after another. For leaders, the question is not whether to pivot, but rather how to efficiently drive a successful change of direction.
Leadership teams, new product organizations, sales functions – any group that has to quickly create new strategic thinking to help their business thrive.
McKinsey’s Global Innovation Survey found that 84% of executives agree that innovation is essential for their business growth. However, only 6% of those same executives were satisfied with the outcomes of their innovation efforts. Many leaders reported struggling with problem identification and how to improve their innovation processes.
To Learn to…
- Define creativity and the innovative thinking process
- Detail the characteristics of each step of the process
- Strengths and contributions
- Blind spots and ways they annoy others
- Divergent and convergent thinking
- Assess personal and team innovation preferences
- Diagnose the assisters and resisters to innovation among the team and in the greater organization
- Generate new and novel thinking around a real-world challenge or opportunity that will help the business pivot
- Complete the FourSight® Innovative Thinking assessment (prework)
- Define creativity and innovation
- Overview of the four steps in the innovative thinking process
- Review assessment results to better understand oneself
- Examine the team’s profile – their innovation strengths and struggles
- Conduct a deep dive on a key business issue by applying tools to
- Clarify the problem
- Brainstorm new high-potential ideas
- Develop a detailed solution
- Create an implementation action plan
- Embed facilitation skill-building for each step in the innovation process
Need A Live Virtual Instructor-led Workshop?
Ready to discuss your live virtual instructor-led training needs for an Innovation For Leaders workshop for your group? Schedule a call at 800-807-8030 or fill out the form below. We look forward to connecting with you.