Launching New Teams With Lego Serious Play
Session Length Options: 3.5 Hours
This program uses the power of storytelling and making 3-dimensional models to quickly develop psychological safety and trust among team members. In virtual environments, connectedness and deep relationships are hard to sustain. We use the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology to enable 100% engagement, deep insights into the team’s effectiveness, and thoughtful collective action. Participants will share their personal strengths, aspirations, challenges they foresee, and the support they need to surmount them.
- Managers, team leaders, and team members.
- New teams form and existing teams transform into new virtual configurations all the time. A clear and intentional new team launch is needed whenever:
- An ad hoc team is gathered to take on a challenge
- A new manager joins
- The team changes its membership
- The scope of the team’s work changes in a subtle but significant way
- An intact team becomes virtual
- Unfortunately, many of the crucial conversations newly formed teams need to engage in either never happen or are glossed over.
Teams will learn to…
- Leverage their collective creative diversity
- Listen deeply to each other
- Learn their individual strengths and aspirations
- Share where team members are getting stuck and what support they need both from within and outside the team
- Examine the dynamics of the team
- Optimize the relationships and collaborative partnership of one another
- Overview of the session
- LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® ground rules
- Foundational skill-building – constructing 3D models, storytelling, and active listening
- Individual strengths build and share out
- Aspirations and challenges build and share out
- Team needs build and share out
- Leveraging the team discussion – how the team can achieve its goals
- Exploring the current and ideal working relationships within the team
- Creation of simple guiding principles
- Celebrating the team’s work
Need A Live Virtual Instructor-led Workshop?
Ready to discuss your live virtual instructor-led training needs on how to run virtual meetings for your group? Schedule a call 800-807-8030 or fill out the form below. We look forward to connecting with you.