Session Length Options: 120 minutes
Unlock Your Inner MacGyver: Boost Creativity and Innovation at Work
In today’s rapidly changing business environment, success depends on the ability to think creatively and solve problems innovatively. Yet research shows creativity declines from childhood through formal education as we become conditioned to search for the “one right answer.” Rigid mindsets and assumptions restrict our ability to see possibilities and alternatives. There is an urgent need to rekindle the unbounded creativity we possessed as children.
That’s why we’ve created an engaging 120-minute training, “Unlock Your Inner MacGyver,” to bust restrictive assumptions and help you and your team develop more agile, adaptable mindsets. Like the clever TV hero Angus MacGyver, known for crafting ingenious solutions from ordinary items, participants will learn to see possibilities where others see roadblocks.
The session begins by presenting a realistic business challenge requiring an innovative solution. Next, we’ll practice several techniques to stretch your thinking and reverse limiting assumptions. These include divergent brainstorming, reversing assumptions, and piggybacking on ideas. Then we’ll break into teams for multiple rapid rounds of generating novel solutions to the challenge. Teams will build on each other’s ideas and converge on hybrid solutions with strong business potential.
To make it fun, teams will create a name and pitch for their solution just like the TV show Shark Tank. At the end, teams will present their solutions and the whole group will judge creativity, innovation, and business viability. Prizes will be awarded to the winning pitch team!
The intensive hands-on format accelerates learning through active problem-solving.
- Develop an agile, adaptable mindset open to possibilities
- Divergently think to stretch what’s achievable
- Reverse restrictive assumptions
- Generate novel ideas and build on others’ ideas
- Create innovative solutions for real-world business challenges
Unleashing creativity and innovation is crucial for managers, team leaders, and team members alike. With the right mindset and skills, there are always possibilities if you think flexibly. Come experience how empowering it feels to break free of rigid thinking and limitations. You’ll leave energized with a playful, creative mindset and business-relevant tools to drive innovation daily.
Managers, team leaders, and team members looking to boost creativity.
Many get stuck in fixed mindsets, only seeing “what is” rather than imagining “what could be.” Research shows creativity declines from childhood through formal education as the focus shifts to finding the “one right answer.” The rapid pace of business demands fast action, valuing being in motion over bringing innovation. In reality, many good, workable answers exist when people maintain a playful, adaptable mindset. There is an urgent need to bust restrictive assumptions and foster new thinking.
This innovation training teaches participants to:
- Develop an agile, adaptable mindset
- Divergently think to stretch what’s possible
- Reverse limiting assumptions
- Generate and build on new ideas
- Create solutions for real-world challenges
- Overview of the session
- Deliver the MacGyver-like business-related challenge
- Practice using several tools that enable an agile adaptable mindset
- Breakout into creative teams
- Practice divergent brainstorming
- Conduct multiple rounds of new ideas
- Converge on a hybrid of “MacGyver-like” high-potential solutions
- Create a name and pitch for your strongest solution
- Present solutions and judge their creativity, business potential, and innovation
- Award the winning pitch teams
- Debrief the success factors that foster an agile, adaptable mindset
Don’t settle for status quo solutions. Unlock the potential that lives within you! Reserve this fun, fast-paced custom-tailored workshop for your team today. Rediscover your inner MacGyver and help your organization thrive through constant creativity and innovation. Fill out the form below.