Session Length Options: (3) 90-minute virtual sessions
According to the World Economic Institute, “creativity will become one of the top three skills workers will need in 2020” and beyond. A myriad of new products, new tech tools, and changing processes make it necessary for employees to become more creative in their thinking and approach to cope with an ever-shifting marketplace.
Managers, teams, and individual contributors – anyone who must apply new and novel thinking to a challenge or take advantage of a business opportunity.
Creativity is most often associated with individuals who come up with the most ideas. When asked in large sessions who think of themselves as creative, only a third of the audience will raise their hands. Therein lies the problem. In fact, we’re all creative. But, we’re not all creative in the same way. Each of us has distinct preferences for various steps in the creative problem-solving process. Creative skills can be learned. The brain, like a muscle, can be developed.
To Learn to…
- Define creativity in terms of a process with sequential steps
- Identify the characteristics of each step of the creative thinking process
- Strengths and contributions
- Blind spots and ways they annoy others
- Assess personal creative preferences
- Gain clarity about how to get the best from oneself and others throughout the creative process
- Reflect on personal creative skill development
- Facilitate creative problem solving to uncover powerful insights in less time
- Complete the FourSight® Innovative Thinking assessment (prework)
- Create a shared understanding of what true creativity is
- Overview of the four steps in the creative thinking process
- Create prototypes to illustrate the behaviors/characteristics of each preference
- Review assessment results to better understand oneself
- Compare preferences with another person to better understand how you might leverage one another
- Examine various team profiles – their strengths and struggles based on FourSight® preferences
- Build a personal action plan to gain skill in a part of the process you spend less time in
Need A Live Virtual Instructor-led Workshop?
Ready to discuss your live virtual instructor-led training needs for a creative problem-solving workshop for your group? Schedule a call 800-807-8030 or fill out the form below. We look forward to connecting with you.