Workshop Length: 1 Day
TrainSMART’s custom-tailored, one-day conversation skills training workshop examines how leaders coach, communicate, praise, and model crucial conversational behaviors. The purpose of TrainSMART’s conversation skills training is to provide you with techniques to enhance effective communication skills and increase your results during critical conversations.
Improve tact and confidence by planning and rehearsing the conversation (which will be practiced using specific strategies) that can create mutual respect and understanding and open channels of communication.
ConversationSMART© addresses critical conversation; those that involve emotions and/or high risks. Planning and rehearsing the conversation will provide you with positive results.
- There are diversity and authority issues which prevent effective conversations
- Meeting discussions are not productive
- Management direction and coaching is ineffective
- Teamwork and innovation is stalled
- Poor performance and quality because real issues are not addressed effectively
- Acknowledge the attitudes and skills necessary to conduct conversations
- Be a good listener and how it will improve your overall communication with others
- Apply active listening skills and understand what affects listening
- Master emotions that destroy dialogue
- Use key listening skills to encourage others to share issues they are fearful of bringing up
- Avoid getting mired in others’ strong emotions and learn how to attain the meaning behind their emotions
- Disagree with others without making them become silent or defensive
- Recognize the root cause of our negative emotions
- Influence our emotions
Conversation Skills Training Outline
- Fundamentals of Business Conversations
- Controlling Emotional Intelligence and Avoiding Being Defensive
- The Conversation Smart© Model
- Perform the “smart” flow in critical conversation: issue, mutual purpose, accountability, resolution, action plan, and recording
TrainSMART’s Conversation Skills Face-to-Face Training is for supervisors, team leaders, and all levels of management that want to conduct challenging conversations with tact and confidence
TrainSMART’s Conversation Skills Training is available in the following formats: Conference Breakout Session, Lunch & Lean Program, Half-Day Face-to-Face Training Workshop, Full Day Face-to-Face Training Workshop, Multi-Session Webinar.
Interested In A Live Virtual Instructor-Led
Conversation Skills Workshop?
Session Length Options: 90 minutes, 3 hours
During this session, participants will be actively engaged in an array of virtual techniques to ensure retention of concepts for how to have courageous conversations in the workplace.
On-Site Pricing Options
|Number of Participants||Half-Day |
|Up to 6 Participants||$2800||$3800||$7000||$7900||Call For Pricing|
|Up to 12 Participants||$3200||$4200||$7500||$8400||Call For Pricing|
|Up to 18 Participants||$3600||$4400||$8000||$8900||Call For Pricing|
|Up to 24 Participants||$4000||$5000||$8500||$9400||Call For Pricing|
|Up to 30 Participants||$4400||$5400||$9500||$10400||Call For Pricing|
|Up to 36 Participants||$4800||$5800||$10000||$10900||Call For Pricing|
|Over 36+ Participants||Call For Pricing||Call For Pricing||Call For Pricing||Call For Pricing||Call For Pricing|
Need On-Site Training?
Ready to discuss your team’s conversation skills training needs? Schedule a 15-minute call, so we can learn more about you and your audience to determine if we are a good fit. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 ext. 1 or fill out the form below.