Since 1994, top pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device manufacturing companies have partnered with TrainSMART for their custom training solutions.
Few industries are more regulated. Few industries are more complex. Few industries can make the difference between life and death for their consumers—on a daily basis.
From compliance issues and acquisitions to bringing a new drug to market, employees in the pharmaceutical industry know that continual learning is essential for career success.
That’s where TrainSmart comes in. Our roots are in Life Sciences. Prior to founding TrainSmart, our CEO worked in the industry for nearly a decade.
Our Director of Instructional Design and eLearning Development (GMP Training Specialist) spent 15 years in a cGMP pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
So, it’s not surprising that in TrainSmart’s 25-year history, we’ve done a significant amount of work in the pharmaceutical industry. Our work covers the entire spectrum of learning and development.
We’ve designed, developed, and delivered hundreds of custom pieces of training in the pharmaceutical industry for sales, marketing, compliance, and customer service teams— often implementing tools like Siebel and Documentum.
From custom eLearning to offering international Train-the-Trainer Certification, we have partnered to provide learning and development support in all aspects of the project life cycle – from program definition to pilot and training for the end-users’ technology rollouts.
Because of our intimate industry knowledge, we help our clients determine the most effective delivery method to meet the everyday demands that pharmaceutical industry employees face.
While instructor-led training still plays an important role in the pharmaceutical industry, the fast-paced culture that is a hallmark of pharmaceuticals makes other delivery methods very attractive including “micro-byte” training ranging from 10 minutes to two hours.
Many of the solutions are not an “either-or” but rather a blend of instructor-led, virtual instructor-led, webinars, podcasts, eLearning, job aids, simulations, and “case studies in a box”.
Because of our industry experience and expertise, TrainSmart can truly become your pharmaceutical training partner from day one – saving time, sharing knowledge, and helping achieve your learning objectives.
TrainSmart’s industry experience allows us to “jump-start” your project, as your trusted advisor, we will share successful training strategies and creative approaches to achieve your learning objectives.
Some key training initiatives TrainSmart has delivered in the pharmaceutical industry include:
Instructional Design & eLearning Solutions
- Developed a train-the-trainer for proprietary software
- Developed and delivered SOP, Protocols, and Procedures to accomplish the FDA requirements
- Developed and delivered training materials for a proprietary CRM
- Developed training documentation for SAP upgrade and rollout which included ILT, eLearning, and coaching sessions
- Created and delivered Train-the-Trainer materials, simulations, assessments, and knowledge transfer to the sales team of 4,000
- Designed and developed training curriculum, and courseware for web-based training for end-users
- Conducted training needs analysis, designed and developed training courses for delivery via instructor-led, on-the-job, and web-based
- Developed company-wide pharmaceutical compliance training
- Developed customized blended learning pharmaceutical GMP training
Professional Development & Soft Skills Training
- Provided ongoing workshops for the company’s corporate university on the topics of Business Writing, Training-the-Trainer, Emotional Intelligence Training, Consultative Sales Training, Active Listening and Conversation Skills
- Developed and delivered presentation skills training to field sales managers
- Facilitated team building for a new product development team of 60 people
- Developed and delivered a meeting facilitation workshop designed to increase facilitation skills for various types and sizes of meetings
- Developed and delivered customer service programs for all levels of management and staff
- Delivered a two-day Train-the-Trainer workshop on pharmaceutical project management training to engineers and researchers
- Facilitated sales training for 2,500 sales and field trainers
- Designed, developed, and facilitated tailored leadership workshops for new managers
- Developed and delivered a pharmaceutical leadership development program for a medical device company
- Pharmaceutical project management training for a company in Northern Illinois
- Developed customized technical pharmaceutical training
- Developed and delivered customized MS Office training for global offices for 700 users
- Developed and delivered custom documentation and training
- Developed and delivered enterprise-wide system administration training
- Delivered sales force automation training to 5,000 managers and field sales representatives
- Provided project management, assessments, development, and delivery of Microsoft Office to 4,000 sales representatives
Expert Instructional Design for Pharmaceutical Training
TrainSmart Provides Specialized Training Development for Pharma Manufacturing Professionals
At TrainSmart, our instructional design experts have spent years working in cGMP pharmaceutical manufacturing environments. This allows us to create customized training programs that build the critical skills your pharma operations and quality teams need to meet cGMP requirements.
With over 25 years of experience as a GMP Training Specialist, our lead instructional designer develops targeted training on meeting the unique challenges of a regulated pharma environment. Our development services include:
- cGMP Training for Manufacturing Personnel – Courses on equipment operation, process flows, change control, deviations, and other GMP-regulated processes.
- Quality Systems Training – Modules explaining quality frameworks like CAPA, OOS investigations, data integrity, root cause analysis, and more.
- Aseptic Manufacturing Training – Courses on gowning, cleanroom behaviors, sterility assurance, environmental monitoring, and contamination control.
- Compliance Training – Lessons preparing teams for regulatory inspections, cGMP standards worldwide, FDA/EMA regulations, and inspection-ready behaviors.
- Process Excellence Training – Content building skills in statistical analysis, FMEA, measurement systems, data review and approval, and critical thinking.
Using varied formats like online courses, knowledge checks, virtual classrooms, and onsite workshops, we create immersive training experiences tailored to adult learners.
Our pharma GMP experts collaborate with your team to analyze needs, identify skill gaps, and design the optimal training program. With TrainSmart as your training partner, you can upskill your pharma teams to maintain quality, compliance, and productivity.
TrainSmart is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (2000) and a Woman Small Business (2015).
We have approximately 300 facilitators, professional development trainers, instructional designers, and content developers strategically located in the United States and around the world.
Your Extra Set Of Hands Is Here To Help! Tell Us About Your Project
Ready to discuss your training needs? Schedule a 30-minute call, so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit. This is a no-obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 or fill out the form below.