As a member of management, writing is vital to the success of your team, projects, and career.
You are called to write documents that will be used to represent your organization, as a catalyst to garner resources, or to position your group for success.
Due to the increased usage of technology, the importance of high-impact communication has increased as well. As a leader, there is not ample time to be visionary, manage projects, develop people and be a prolific, proficient writer.
TrainSMART’s Writing for Leadership workshop has been developed with the demands of a leader in mind. It focuses on providing practical techniques to write reports, summaries, evaluations, emails, etc. with higher quality and in less time.
This is a hands-on, course developed by former senior managers, who have experience as editors of publications and recognize the demands of being a leader in a corporate environment.
- The tone of written communication is not as professional as it should be for managers
- The types of documents and audience needs are different when someone takes on the role of manager
- Performance evaluations, reports, and other management documentation is not getting the desired results
- Understand the fundamentals of writing as a member of corporate management
- Avoid the most common errors spotted by management
- Write successful executive summaries, successful reports and performance evaluations
- Identify and clearly communicate goals and expectations
- Increase your writing effectiveness
- Organize your writing to address management needs
- Use email effectively
- Get your point across to many different audiences
- Coach the people that report to you on enhancing their writing
- Business Writing
- Fundamentals Review
- Creating Masterful Reports
- The Art and Science of Executive Reports
- Writing Effective Performance Evaluations
- Points from the “Pros”
- Avoiding Communication Killers
Writing For Leadership Face to Face Training is for anyone who wants to learn the art and science of how to craft powerful documents to persuade and inform leaders, peers, and senior management. This program reinforces and expands writing knowledge and skills with a focus on writing for the “C Level” within an organization.
Writing for Leadership is available in the following formats: Half-Day Face-to-Face Training Workshop, Full Day Face-to-Face Training Workshop, Multi-Session Webinar.
Meet Your Trainer
Elana has over 30 years of multi-faceted background marketing communications, social media, technology, F2F and virtual facilitation, training and journalism. As a former business owner and team leader, she brings her real-life management experience to help assist organizations to create interactive, engaging and powerful training sessions.
What Past Participants Are Saying
I thought it was helpful and useful.
I liked how it will help me structure emails in the future.
Our program was run very effectively!
Concise literature, engaging instructor.
Writing For Leadership’s Eyes was very useful for parts of my job.
Writing for Leadership’s Eyes should be added as a requirement to 90-day onboarding and new management.
TrainSmart is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (2000) and a Woman Small Business (2015).
We have approximately 300 facilitators, professional development trainers, instructional designers, and content developers strategically located in the United States and around the world.
Let’s Talk About Improving Your Workplace Culture?
Ready to discuss your training needs? Schedule a 30-minute call, so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit. This is a no-obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 ext. 1 or fill out the form below.