Course Length: 2 – 3 Days
This comprehensive business communications workshop provides the participants with the knowledge and skills to become effective communicators. In this interactive course, participants will learn the communication process and understand their communication style.
They will learn to quickly organize and create clear, concise, and correctly written communications. Participants will practice using theories in role-playing for successful listening, critical conversations, and meetings.
- Information not getting to the right people
- Communications are not being comprehended as intended
- Uncomfortable with confronting sensitive or critical issues
- Poorly written communications: no flow, missed deadlines, spelling and grammatical errors
- Emails that create negative reactions
- Unorganized meetings
- Identify and perform the roles of an effective communicator
- Demonstrate active listening
- Perform critical conversations with confidence
- Construct written communications efficiently and accurately
- Facilitate successful meetings
- Craft emails that create positive reactions
- Your Role as a Communicator
- Communicating with peers, managers, & subordinates: Types of information, Communication model, Filters
- Communication methods: Person, Voice, Written
- Communication components: Verbal, Voice, Visual, Body language
- Communication styles: Understanding your style, Communicating to styles, Directing, Analyzing, Supporting, Intuiting
- Quality of Thinking: Attitude levels, Assuming innocence
- Communicating UP!: Challenge process
- Levels of Listening
- Effective Conversations – Speaking: One-on-one, Difficult conversations
- Writing for Results: Plan/Write/Revise, Purpose Statement, Organization, Three C’s, Document planner
- Finishing Touches
- Email Etiquette
- Effective Meetings: Planning, Facilitator checklist, Roles, Agenda, Follow-up/Parking lot
Business Communications is available in the following formats: Conference Breakout Session, Lunch & Learn Program, Full Day Face-t-Face Training Workshop, Multi-Session Webinar
TrainSMART’s Business Communication Face to Face Training is for business professionals who want to improve written and verbal communication for better results
TrainSmart is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (2000) and a Woman Small Business (2015).
We have approximately 300 facilitators, professional development trainers, instructional designers, and content developers strategically located in the United States and around the world.
Need An Instructor-led Virtual
Communication Training Workshop?
This workshop looks at behavior as a choice and increases awareness of the consequences behavioral choices have on others. Participants learn that through adaptive behavior they can choose communication strategies that establish trust, minimize conflict, maximize cooperation, and create a positive work environment that increases productivity and enhances job satisfaction.
Need On-Site Training?
Ready to discuss your business communication training needs? Schedule a 30-minute call, so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit. This is a no-obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 ext. 1 or fill out the form below.
We Offer Various Communication Skills Workshops