“Negotiation involves parties, who each have something that the other wants, reaching an agreement to exchange through a process of bargaining.” This program takes the basics of communication and builds on the process of knowing what you want and identifying how you will achieve that result.
The program includes information on devising a negotiation strategy, managing negotiation with difficult people, making appropriate concessions, what to do when a negotiation breaks down and six steps to follow consistent performance.
This course uses experiential exercises customized to the negotiation situations commonly experienced in an organization. The participants learn and then practice using principled negotiation while assessing their negotiation approach.
- Employees need to negotiate on a regular basis and lack the skills to do so effectively
- Negotiations are often not designed to create a win-win that will result in stronger relationships
- Understand the current comfort level when negotiating
- Approach a negotiation and what they expect to accomplish
- Define the principled negotiation strategy developed at the Harvard Negotiation Project
- Identify the six specific negotiation steps and how each builds on ones natural communication skills
- Utilize techniques for managing difficult people and stay focused on your goal in the negotiation
- Use the steps and techniques in day-to-day situations
- Devising A Negotiation Strategy
- Managing Negotiation With Difficult People
- Making Appropriate Concessions
- What To Do When A Negotiation Breaks Down
- Six Steps To Consistent Performance
Anyone involved in direct or indirect negotiations.
- Full Day Training Workshop
- Multi-Session Webinar
Need A Live Virtual Instructor-Led
Negotiation Skills Training Workshop?
Session Length Options: Five 90-minute virtual sessions, an assessment, and readings will be interspersed between sessions
This workshop is for anyone who must strike a deal, hammer out a contract, or finalize an agreement for products and services. Besides these principal negotiators, each of us run into differences in interests daily. Literally everyone could benefit by knowing how to use digital tools in a virtual environment to optimize their desired outcomes.
Need On-Site Training?
Ready to discuss your training needs? Schedule a 30-minute call, so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit. This is a no-obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 or fill out the form below.