Negotiation is the process of presenting ideas, understanding both points of view and reaching an agreement that creates a positive outcome for everyone. It’s not always quite that easy!
We negotiate with clients, colleagues and even family members all the time. Using solid negotiation concepts and practical communication skills, this interactive workshop will help you increase your ability to create a collaborative environment and develop more win-win situations.
- Focusing on the desire to “win” instead of compromise for the best solution
- Poor planning for negotiations Inability to effectively communicate your wants, needs and desired end result
- Lack of confidence to negotiate
- Not understanding and adjusting different negotiation styles
- Emotions are getting in the way
- Identify the benefits of good negotiation skills
- Identify why it is critical to plan for successful negotiations
- Set clear outcome goals
- Create a value proposition that will result in more “win- win” situations
- Identify what to do before, during and after negotiation
- Define the six negotiation stages
- Use negotiation planning tools Improve communication and listening skills to get better results
Defining Negotiation: benefits of being an effective negotiator, skills required to be successful, types of negotiations, barriers to negotiation, potential outcomes when not to negotiate
The Negotiation Stages: Prepare/Plan, Build Relationships, Exchange Information, Distribute, Close, Cooperate
Planning Tools: BATNA, Determine interests vs. positions, Planning checklist, Negotiation worksheet
Communication Skills: Listening, Asking Questions, Communication Style, First Impressions, Creating confidence, Bargaining,
Difficult Situations: Working through emotions, Staying focused, Lack of authority, Managing the process
After Negotiation: Summarizing the results, Follow-up
Sales and customer service representatives, managers and leaders who need to negotiate effective results with employees, anyone who wants to build stronger relationships and get more of what they want through the power of negotiation
- Full Day Training Workshop
- Multi-Session Webinar
Need On-Site Training?
Ready to discuss your training needs? Schedule a 30-minute call, so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit. This is a no obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 or fill out the form below.