A software development organization reached an impasse when their user training and documentation had evolved as the software evolved in a random process. The developers supported this process opposed to an organized dedicated staff focused on training and documentation. In order to properly design and develop both training and documentation, TrainSmart signed on to consolidate all training materials and all documentation.
TrainSmart assigned a local resource to accomplish the requested activities. Working both on-site and remotely, our learning and development consultant helped the client to identify staff to fill specific roles:
- Training Manager
- Documentation Specialist
After staffing these key roles, TrainSmart assumed a mentor/coach role and assisted these individuals to:
- Consolidate and organize all existing training content and documentation
- Develop the documentation writing skills, and instructional design and development skills needed to re-purpose the existing materials
- Organize the help desk and call processing system
- Organize and execute the training pilots
- Consolidate Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 assessment results and interpret same in order to revise training materials and documentation
Client rating of documentation, training, and support began to improve. The project ended when a large global software provider purchased the client and took over the transformation effort.