The client’s initial request was for automotive customer service training for approximately 25 frontline employees and teamwork and customer service training for 100+ employees. The goal was to take the dealership to the next level of exceptional customer service and improve communication and teamwork throughout the dealership.
TrainSmart’s consultative approach and our dealership training consultant’s experience with the automotive industry resulted in uncovering the following needs:
1. Improve communication with customers and with co-workers
2. Increase customer service scores
3. Use a methodology to involve employees in improving processes
4. Take the dealership to the next level of success
The final solution included:
1. Observation and mystery shopping to gather information about the culture of the organization, current customer service practices, and internal processes.
2. Training was then designed to be interactive, energetic, and focused on dealer-specific issues. The following topics were covered:
- Communication Skills Training For Employees
- Customer Service Training
- Phone Skills
- Serving the Female Customer
- Coaching for Results (managers only)
- Meeting Facilitation (managers only)
3. Coaching and practice opportunities were implemented to improve skills and performance.
4. A methodology was designed and developed to focus on improving processes throughout the dealership. This methodology includes the use of cross-functional teams and employee involvement in analyzing problems and developing creative solutions.
5. Strategic consulting and coaching was facilitated to manage challenging situations with employees effectively and improve management leadership skills.