Leaders with high EQ have been shown to add as much as 127% more value to the bottom line of their organization than average leaders. Not compared to bad leaders—but compared to leaders with average EQ. In this highly interactive one-day course, participants will learn the fundamentals of EQ in a powerful and high-impact method. When they walk out of the course they will be able to start utilizing and practicing EQ in their work and personal lives.
The days when intelligence was your ticket to success are gone. Current research shows that IQ along with skills and knowledge make up only 20% of what you need for success. Emotional Intelligence (also known as Emotional Quotient) is the other 80%.
Emotional intelligence, or EQ, is a concept that describes factors that set successful leaders apart from other leaders. EQ can be defined as those skills that people use to manage their own emotions wisely, to help them achieve their goals, and to manage their interactions with others in ways that maximize the chances of influencing others constructively.
- Managers and employees unable to influence their peers, subordinates, or superiors
- Managers and employees are ineffective when working with teams and there is a decreasing level of trust
- Managers unable to lead people through change or to successful outcomes on projects
- Consistently high rates of conflict on teams
- Lack of understanding of how to communicate with people outside of an individual’s “comfort zone”
- Master the ability to communicate with any group
- Understand the principles of emotional intelligence (EQ) Identify how the brain works when presented with stress or lack of clarity
- Develop skills to increase communication between team members or teams
- Acquire skills to manage yourself and relationships better
- Define Emotional Intelligence: what it is, how it works, why it is important
- Discuss what EQ is not
- Introduce the 4 key EQ skills
- Discuss the 4 EQ skills, utilizing interactive and fun exercises: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship management
- Each skill discussion will conclude with work on developing an action plan for the participants
- Review and discuss breakthroughs in EQ research
- A complete action plan to implement learning
Building Better Relationships with Emotional Intelligence is available in the following formats: Half-Day Face-to-Face Training Workshop, Full Day Face-to-Face Training Workshop, Multi-Session Webinar, and Live Virtual Instructor-led Classroom Training
Anyone that wants to assess their emotional intelligence and learn how to manage and leverage it.
Why Choose Us From Emotional Intelligence Training?
We have certified Emotional Intelligence facilitators that tailor the training to align with the culture; leadership programs; and offer options for degree and depth of learning. Emotional Intelligence is an ongoing process. We can facilitate an EI lite and tie it to communication and other key topics.
We have several assessments that can be leveraged as a part of the training that provides an overview of the learner’s EI/EQ and those that are in-depth and provide a multipage report and strategies to support.
TrainSmart is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (2000) and a Woman Small Business (2015).
We have approximately 300 facilitators, professional development trainers, instructional designers, and content developers strategically located in the United States and around the world.
The TrainSmart Solution
TrainSmart can become your full-service training department, delivering solutions to all your on-site training needs. When you partner with us, you gain several advantages, including:
Fully customized content and delivery: We customize our training systems to fit your team, department, and/or your entire organization.
Flexible scheduling: We deliver a single session or multiple sessions to meet your timeframes, work schedules, and employee needs/expectations.
Reduced overall costs: On-site is typically less expensive than sending employees off-site. In addition, on-site allows us to develop common languages and terms that reduce communication issues when your employees are back on the job.
Immediate on-the-job application: Employees can immediately apply what they have learned.
Confidentiality is not compromised: What happens on-site, stays on-site.
Building cohorts teams: We can build cohorts teams that result in more productive, more efficient relationships.
Cutting-edge technology: We stay on top of all the latest technological developments in the industry, always bringing the most efficient and cost-effective methods into your organization.
Industry-leading experience: Our best-in-the-industry facilitators bring years of extensive experience and expertise to your company.
Interested In A Live Virtual Instructor-led Emotional Intelligence Workshop?
Session Length Options: 90 minutes, 3 hours, 4 hours
Emotional Intelligence, also called EQ, is the ability to be aware of and to manage emotions and relationships. It is a pivotal factor in personal and professional success. When we look at the truly extraordinary people who inspire and make a difference you see that they do this by connecting with people at a personal and emotional level. What differentiates them is not their IQ but their EQ – their emotional intelligence.
Need On-Site Training?
Ready to discuss your training needs? Schedule a 30-minute call, so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit. This is a no-obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 ext. or fill out the form below.