Learn skills to coach your staff to better performance!
Are you a leader struggling to find the time to coach your employees effectively? Do you feel uncomfortable dealing with the emotional side of coaching? Are you frustrated with coaching conversations leading to emotional reactions instead of positive outcomes?
We have the solution for you! Our custom-tailored workshop for coaching skills for leaders in the workplace is designed to help you overcome personal and organizational roadblocks to effective coaching. With our course, you’ll define a 3-step dialogue for “on-target” coaching and a 4-step planning and coaching method for micro-coaching. You’ll learn to apply the four coaching styles and select the correct one for your coachee.
Coaching Skills For Leaders In The Workplace will also teach you how to utilize a 5-step model for coaching conversations to coach employees to higher levels of performance when a longer conversation is needed for repeated poor performance. You’ll learn to evaluate and manage potential coaching conflicts using the SOS method.
Our course outline includes a range of topics that will help you become a more effective coach. You’ll learn to recognize coaching opportunities and strategize organizational and personal roadblocks to coaching. You’ll also learn to conduct “on-target” and “off-target” coaching and to diffuse coaching conflicts.
We’ll teach you to ask for and receive feedback professionally using the Feedforward method and list the seven secrets for receiving feedback professionally.
Great coaches inspire great achievement, and with our course, you’ll learn to become a great coach. Recent studies indicate that coaching can increase performance by up to 20% or more. Good coaching and performance management lead to an attitude that is oriented towards solutions and continual improvement rather than blame.
Participants will learn about two types of coaching: micro-coaching and developmental coaching. Micro-coaching is about taking advantage of those 5-10 minute opportunities throughout the day to help employees remove obstacles. Participants will also learn techniques to manage the longer developmental coaching conversation.
Don’t let time constraints and discomfort with coaching hold you back. Inquire about our custom-tailored workshop for coaching skills for leaders in the workplace today and become the coach your employees need to reach their full potential. Inquire now to learn more!
- Leaders use the excuse that they don’t have time to coach and therefore employees are not as productive as they could be
- Leaders are not comfortable with the emotional side of coaching
- Coaching conversations lead to emotional reactions
- Identify strategies to overcome the personal and organizational roadblocks to effective coaching
- Define a 3-step dialogue for “on-target” coaching so more positive reinforcement is done
- Define a 4-step planning and coaching method for micro-coaching to take advantage of those quick moments available for coaching
- Utilize the four coaching styles and how to select and utilize the correct coaching style for the coachee
- Apply a 5-step model for coaching conversations to coach employees to higher levels of performance when a longer conversation is needed for repeated poor performance
- Evaluate and manage potential coaching conflicts using the SOS method
Coaching Skills For Leaders Course Outline
- Recognizing coaching opportunities: Identify and strategize organizational and personal roadblocks to coaching, Demonstrate the use of a performance analysis flow chart to recognize coaching opportunities
- Conducting ON-Target coaching: Describe the 3-step process for conducting on-target coaching, Practice delivering on-target coaching
- Conducting OFF-Target coaching: Explain the Know-Do-Feel guide to be used to prepare for all coaching situations, Describe the 4-step micro-coaching dialogue, Explain the 5-step model for conducting in-depth coaching, Practice coaching in customized role-play situations
- Diffusing coaching conflicts: Identity the 8 common mistakes coaches make, Explain the SOS method to reduce conflicts while coaching, Practice the SOS method
- Asking for and receiving feedback professionally: Practice the Feedforward method of asking for feedback, List the 7 secrets for receiving feedback professionally
Leaders looking to coach employees or are required by company policy and need techniques to be successful
Coaching Skills For Managers & Leaders is available in the following formats: Conference Breakout Session Or Lunch & Learn Programs, Half-Day Face-to-Face Training Workshops, Full Day Face-to-Face Training Workshops, Multi-Session Webinar
TrainSmart is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (2000) and a Woman Small Business (2015).
We have approximately 300 facilitators, professional development trainers, instructional designers, and content developers strategically located in the United States and around the world.
Instructor-Led Online (Virtual)
Values In Action Workshop
This program leverages the power of storytelling – of catching others actively living out the organization’s core values. These personal stories of your values in action resonate with both the head and the heart.
Candid Coaching Feedback
During this session, participants will be actively engaged in an array of virtual techniques to ensure retention of concepts for how to coach effectively using trust-building techniques and conversation starters.
Leading Without Authority
During this session, participants will be actively engaged in an array of virtual techniques to ensure the retention of concepts that build confidence and highlight one’s true leadership skills across levels.
Leading Through Growth & Change
During this session, participants will be actively engaged in an array of virtual techniques to ensure retention of concepts for how to effective leadership through rapid growth and change.
Leading Change & Managing Effectively
During this session, participants will be actively engaged in an array of virtual techniques to ensure retention of concepts for how to develop a different skill set to lead teams into the future.
Innovation For Leaders Workshop
In this workshop, you will learn to define creativity and the innovative thinking process and assess personal and team innovation and preferences.
Need Coaching Skills Training?
Ready to discuss your coaching skills for leaders’ training needs? Schedule a 30-minute call, so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit. This is a no-obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 or fill out the form below.