Work teams will often tell you that they now have half the people to do twice the work. Sometimes it’s because of budget cuts, mergers and acquisitions, layoffs, outdated role descriptions, and a cultural shift due to changing demands over time.
Morale declines. People are stressed and employee engagement decreases. Projects fall through the cracks deadlines are missed. A study at Temple University shows when people “reach cognitive and information overload,” brain activity declines in the portion of the brain responsible for making decisions and controlling emotions. The result: people start making bad decisions and errors increase.
Our Time & Workload Management workshop will help participants gain control of their workload and learn solutions to increase productivity and improve morale.
- Two weeks prior to workshop, attendees will receive a one-page matrix that they will be instructed to complete and bring to the workshop. The matrix will identify where their pain is. For instance, if they attend a meeting they believe was not productive, they will mark that on their matrix. If they are asked to do a task that they don’t have the proper tools or skills, they need to mark that as well.
- One-on-one interview with stakeholders to understand the current landscape and what drivers they perceive could be contributing to overload.
Day of Training
- Where is the Pain? & Where is the Opportunity?
- At their tables, participants will share their personal matrix. A leader will be selected to capture the top five common themes. Each work team will report out their findings. A facilitated discussion will follow on the biggest themes.
- What is the Solution?
- Participants will then be able to self-select a theme they want to work on. At the newly formed teams, participants will come up with solutions to reduce the overload for that theme.
- Assess Your Own Productivity
- Participants will take an assessment and then be provided with some techniques to increase their personal productivity.
- Create A Circle Of Experts
- Participants identify an area where they want to be called on for their expertise. Perhaps, it’s using Excel or PowerPoint. Other team members know if they have to use a particular tool and are struggling with it, they can go to the expert. They will save time and reduce their stress. Participants commit to the circle before leaving the workshop.
- Anyone who believes they have too much work and not enough time to produce a quality result
- Workload Management is available in the following formats: Full Day Training Workshop
Need On-Site Training?
Ready to discuss your leadership training needs? Schedule a 30-minute call, so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit. This is a no obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 or fill out the form below.