Personal leadership is the leadership of the self. It is not an academic exercise of finding the correct buzz words and phrases that make up your leadership philosophy.
Personal leadership involves a self-reflective journey within. It means you’ve made a conscious decision to be awake to your automatic reactions and behaviors.
Personal leadership means you are willing to look at situations as a “moment of choice” where you choose to reach higher, reflect on being your best, and discern the most effective way to proceed.
In order to optimize those “moments of choice,” you must first find your inner compass. That compass is discovered through exploring your beliefs, values, experiences, strengths, and level of emotional intelligence. It is only after that exploration that you will begin the work of designing a vision or direction for your leadership and life.
Practicing personal leadership then is about moving with perseverance and persistence in the direction of the vision you created grounded in who you are and what you value.
- I do not have a model to follow to build my personal leadership plan.
- I need a plan for my personal leadership in order to execute the corporate goals.
- I lack a creative way to communicate my vision for how I will lead my team or organization.
- Self-reflect in five crucial areas of your life
- Use Emotional Intelligence to apply a three-step process during times of challenge
- Identify and prioritize your values
- Assess your top two strength roles
- Apply a four-step process to design your personal leadership vision
- Create action steps to live your personal leadership vision daily.
Developing The Leader Within You Course Outline
- Pre-work: Online assessment to identify strength roles.
- Webinar: Introduction and assessment discussion.
Day of Training
- Define Personal Leadership:
- List the five areas of self-reflection necessary to achieve clarity around a personal leadership vision
- Identify the four steps necessary for creating and living a personal leadership vision daily.
- Examine the personal, professional, and cultural beliefs that may be impacting your behaviors and decisions
- Analyze significant life experiences and reflect on lessons learned
- Clarify and prioritize your values
- Utilize a three-step emotional intelligence process to analyze and manage your emotions during times of stress
- Reflect on the roles in your life and how you use your strengths and manage your time
- Describe the five-step process used to turn Personal
- Leadership possibilities into reality
- Use the four Ps for personal leadership vision writing
- Identify best practices for resiliently living as a personal leader daily
- List action steps for creating new habits on their personal leadership path
Anyone who is stepping into a leadership role or taking on a challenging leadership assignment, anyone who needs inner guidance during times of uncertainty and change, anyone who wants to maximize their confidence and competence when working with others, anyone who knows that to effectively lead others we must first be able to lead ourselves.
Personal Leadership: Developing the Leader Within is available in the following formats: Full Day Face-to-Face Training Workshop, Multi-Day Face-to-Face Session Workshop, Multi-Session Webinar
TrainSmart is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (2000) and a Woman Small Business (2015).
We have approximately 300 facilitators, professional development trainers, instructional designers, and content developers strategically located in the United States and around the world.
Instructor-Led Online (Virtual)
Values In Action Workshop
This program leverages the power of storytelling – of catching others actively living out the organization’s core values. These personal stories of your values in action resonate with both the head and the heart.
Candid Coaching Feedback
During this session, participants will be actively engaged in an array of virtual techniques to ensure retention of concepts for how to coach effectively using trust-building techniques and conversation starters.
Leading Without Authority
During this session, participants will be actively engaged in an array of virtual techniques to ensure retention of concepts that build confidence and highlight one’s true leadership skill across levels.
Leading Through Growth & Change
During this session, participants will be actively engaged in an array of virtual techniques to ensure retention of concepts for how to effective leadership through rapid growth and change.
Leading Change & Managing Effectively
During this session, participants will be actively engaged in an array of virtual techniques to ensure retention of concepts for how to develop a different skill set to lead teams into the future.
Innovation For Leaders Workshop
In this workshop, you will learn to define creativity and the innovative thinking process, assess personal and team innovation and preferences.
On-Site Training Pricing
|Number of Participants||Half-Day |
|Up to 6 Participants||$2800||$3800||$7000||$7900||Call For Pricing|
|Up to 12 Participants||$3200||$4200||$7500||$8400||Call For Pricing|
|Up to 18 Participants||$3600||$4400||$8000||$8900||Call For Pricing|
|Up to 24 Participants||$4000||$5000||$8500||$9400||Call For Pricing|
|Up to 30 Participants||$4400||$5400||$9500||$10400||Call For Pricing|
|Up to 36 Participants||$4800||$5800||$10000||$10900||Call For Pricing|
|Over 36+ Participants||Call For Pricing||Call For Pricing||Call For Pricing||Call For Pricing||Call For Pricing|
Need On-Site Training?
Ready to discuss your TrainSMART’s Developing The Leader With You training workshop? Schedule a 30-minute call, so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit. This is a no-obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 or fill out the form below.