Due to merger and acquisition, the client’s once solid and highly functional Technical Support Customer Service team was not functioning efficiently which resulted in ever-increasing negative customer feedback and low team morale, and inconsistent performance.
The TrainSmart Solution:
Following an extensive interview with the customer service manager, TrainSmart recommended that:
- Portions of Our Building Teamwork and Commitment workshop and our Exemplary On-Site Customer Service Training workshop be blended into a one-day program
- Each attendee completes an Everything DiSC® Workplace Profile as pre-work
- The manager completes an Everything DiSC® Management Profile as pre-work
- An Everything DiSC® Culture Report is produced
- The manager and Dave Finley, our DiSC® Lead and Leadership Coach have a coaching session in advance of the on-site facilitated session to review both the Everything DiSC® Management and Culture Reports
- A one-day onsite be conducted as follows:
- Two days with AM/PM groups
- A one-hour combined at the end of Day two to review the Culture Report and have Q&A.
- The manager and Dave Finley have a second coaching session within two weeks of the onsite training to review outcomes and introduce the Everything DiSC® Comparison Reports.
- Comparison Reports be generated for each customer service team pairing and be used to reinforce the importance of effective communication and teamwork.
At the two-week mark, teaming had improved dramatically along with a dramatic reduction in customer complaints. We are discussing the next steps to include the delivery of Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team for their Technical Support Customer Service team and delivery of a customized Building Teamwork and Commitment workshop at their Sales Customer Support site.