Breathe New Life into Your Training Programs
Is your training starting to feel stale? Do you struggle to keep learners engaged? Are your students retaining the key concepts you teach? As a professional trainer, you know how critical it is to continually enhance your approach to connect with modern learners.
Our intensive one-day workshop provides the methodology and hands-on practice to inject creativity and impact into your training programs. You’ll learn research-based techniques to maximize knowledge transfer, comprehension, and retention. And you’ll work with your own training materials to implement these best practices during the workshop.
Join us to master innovative strategies including:
Visual Layouts: Discover how to use graphic organizers, charts, diagrams, and other visual tools to present concepts in memorable ways. You’ll learn how color, shapes, and spatial layout on the page can enhance understanding.
Intro Connections: We’ll explore concise but compelling openings to tap into learners’ existing knowledge and spark their interest right away. You’ll craft introductions that pique curiosity and prime students to learn.
Analogies and Metaphors: Master the art of comparing new concepts to something familiar. Analogies and metaphors can provide those “aha” moments of insight when abstract ideas click.
Questions: Asking the right questions at the right time fosters active learning, gauges comprehension, and boosts retention. You’ll learn creative ways to incorporate open and closed-ended questions throughout your training.
Games: Play increases engagement and powers up knowledge retention. We’ll try out games like Jeopardy, Pictionary, and others that reinforce concepts in fun, hands-on ways.
Themes: An overarching theme woven throughout your course can provide cohesion and help ideas stick. We’ll explore ways to develop engaging themes.
You’ll also learn best practices including:
- Repeating key ideas in multiple creative ways to aid retention
- Using memory aids like acronyms, rhymes, and vivid imagery
- Facilitating learning through interactive application and practice
- Providing tools and tips for learners to continue applying concepts
By the end of the energizing workshop, you’ll be equipped with a toolkit of innovative strategies to:
- Capture attention immediately and sustain it
- Leverage visual, auditory, and hands-on learning styles
- Continually check comprehension and feedback
- Make concepts memorable for deeper, long-term retention
- Enable learners to immediately apply their new knowledge
If you’re ready to step up your training game and see real results, join us for this intensive workshop. Come ready to roll up your sleeves and infuse your programs with winning techniques that will reengage your modern learners. They’ll walk away truly owning and being able to use what you teach. Isn’t that the real measure of training success? Reserve your spot now!
Using Various Strategies for Presenting Information
- Grouping – use organization to present topics
- Visual layout – use a visual organization to present a concept
- Intro connections – use a brief introduction to link existing knowledge to new material
- Imagery – use analogies and metaphors to connect current knowledge to new concepts
- Repetition – use creative methods of repetition to make concepts stick
- Memory aids – using words, phrases, and images to store and retrieve knowledge
- Using Different Tools to Foster Learning
Themes – engage learners by interweaving a theme throughout the course
- Pictograms – reinforce concepts with visual tools
- Questions – use creative methods to get learners to ask and answer questions
- Games – employ games to enhance and reinforce concepts
Tips and Techniques
- Use Facilitator/learner encounters
- Foster learning processing through practice
- Reinforce follow through
Conducting a Training Session
- We will explore the methods and develop a short training session using the following method.
- Provide the WIIFM
- Present the objectives
- Conduct the activities
- Assess the outcomes
- Foster continued to use
Experienced trainers who would like some new approaches for their training
Available in the following delivery options: Two Day Face-to-Face Training Workshop
Training Professional Workshops We Offer
Need On-Site Training?
Ready to discuss your training needs? Schedule a 30-minute call, so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit. This is a no-obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 ext. 1 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.