TrainSMART’s How to Design and Present On-the-Job training workshop provides the foundational knowledge and techniques needed to design and develop effective on the job training instruction as well as to provide one-on-one training on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or Standards. In most organizations, the SOP and Standards drive OJT as they are normally very job and outcome specific and require some level of hand holding.
- Training on important SOPs and Standards are lacking in your organization
- Product or service quality is negatively affected by failure to follow SOPs and meet Standards
- O has been less than successfulLetters, memo’s and emails are not effective and do not produce desired results
- Determine the key concepts of adult learning, learning styles, developmental stages and active and passive learning affect on the job training
- Create an action plan for implementation
- Leverage instructional design to target training on specific SOPs and StandardsSmash your writer’s block
- Formulate valid and reliable assessment questions that measure outcomesUnderstand the rules of netiquette to create better, shorter and more effective emails
- Develop performance checklists that mirror the key tasksSay “No” in your writing with out risking business relationships
- Identify communication and behavioral styles and determine how they impact learning
- General Overview: Importance of On-the-Job-Training and Standard Operating Procedures, Characteristics of Effective on-the-job-training
- Understanding Adult Learning: Principles of Adult, Learning, Learning Styles, Development Stages, Active and
- Passive Learning
- Using an Instructional Design Model: Overview, Analysis of – Needs, Audience, Context, Delivery
- Organize: Understand the SOPs, Develop performance targets, Determine Presentation strategies, Sequence Instruction, Develop Activities, Align Performance Checklists
- Measure Results: Knowledge checks, Types of assessments
- Documents: Prepare needed materials
- Delivery: Understand Behavioral Styles: DiSC®, Leverage styles during OJT
- Evaluate: Determine effectiveness
- Delivery Techniques: Preparation for Training, Time Management, Body Language, Vocal Skills,
- Questioning Skills, Listening Skills
- Participant Focus: Engage and Motivate
- Begin/End: Candidate selection, Invitation, Wrap-up
- On-the-Job Training Deliver: Practice delivery of training designed within the course with an opportunity to receive real time feedback.
- Wrap Up
- Employees responsible for designing, creating, and delivering training on Standard Operating Procedures and Standards.
Course Delivery Options
Design and Present On-the-Job Training is available in the following formats: Full Day Training Workshop
Need On-Site Training?
Ready to discuss your training needs? Schedule a 30-minute call, so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit. This is a no obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 or email at email@example.com.