How to Design & Present On-the-Job Training
TrainSMART’s How to Design and Present On-the-Job Workshop provides the foundational knowledge and techniques needed to design and develop effective on-the-job training instruction as well as to provide one-on-one training on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or Standards. In most organizations, the SOP and Standards drive OJT as they are normally very job and outcome-specific and require some level of hand-holding.
- Training on important SOPs and Standards are lacking in your organization
- Product or service quality is negatively affected by failure to follow SOPs and meet Standards
- O has been less than successful letters, memo’s and emails are not effective and do not produce desired results
- Determine the key concepts of adult learning, learning styles, developmental stages, and active and passive learning effect on the job training
- Create an action plan for implementation
- Leverage instructional design to target training on specific SOPs and StandardsSmash your writer’s block
- Formulate valid and reliable assessment questions that measure outcomes
- Understand the rules of netiquette to create better, shorter, and more effective emails
- Develop performance checklists that mirror the key tasksSay “No” in your writing without risking business relationships
- Identify communication and behavioral styles and determine how they impact learning
- General Overview: Importance of On-the-Job-Training and Standard Operating Procedures, Characteristics of Effective on-the-job-training
- Understanding Adult Learning: Principles of Adult, Learning, Learning Styles, Development Stages, Active and
- Passive Learning
- Using an Instructional Design Model: Overview, Analysis of – Needs, Audience, Context, Delivery
- Organize: Understand the SOPs, Develop performance targets, Determine Presentation strategies, Sequence Instruction, Develop Activities, Align Performance Checklists
- Measure Results: Knowledge checks, Types of assessments
- Documents: Prepare needed materials
- Delivery: Understand Behavioral Styles: DiSC®, Leverage styles during OJT
- Evaluate: Determine the effectiveness
- Delivery Techniques: Preparation for Training, Time Management, Body Language, Vocal Skills,
- Questioning Skills, Listening Skills
- Participant Focus: Engage and Motivate
- Begin/End: Candidate selection, Invitation, Wrap-up
- On-the-Job Training Deliver: Practice delivery of training designed within the course with an opportunity to receive real-time feedback.
- Wrap Up
- Employees who are responsible for designing, creating, and delivering training on Standard Operating Procedures and Standards.
Course Delivery Options
Design and Present On-the-Job Training is available in the following formats: Full Day Training Workshop
Training Professional Workshops We Offer
Need On-Site Training?
Ready to discuss your training needs? Schedule a 30-minute call, so we can learn more about each other and determine if we are a good fit. This is a no-obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us at 800-807-8030 ext. 1 or email at email@example.com.