Do you have a need to train a geographically dispersed audience? Let us help design your company’s virtual instructor-led training and materials for your upcoming training initiative.
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) is finally coming into its own as a viable, attractive and cost-effective training method. And no wonder, it’s a budget pleaser: reducing travel, accommodation and lost time costs as well as eliminating the expense of printing hard copies of training materials.
Although virtual instructor-led training has been around for nearly 20 years, for much of that time its reception was lukewarm. The technology could be clunky and unreliable. Facilitators often felt off balance because they couldn’t “see” and “feel” their participants. Training material that was successful in a classroom fell short when transferred to a virtual learning environment.
Most of those issues have been resolved. Improved technology and increased bandwidth mean the virtual environment can now offer tools to bridge the gap of having the instructor and students being in different locations. Instructional designers and trainers design and deliver online sessions with more interaction than the same session taught in a classroom virtual instructor-led training is not simply a matter of taking material created for the classroom and replicating it online.
That’s where TrainSmart comes in. Our trainers and instructional designers have worked in the vILT space since its early days – learning from personal experience what works and what doesn’t. Having designed and delivered hundreds of virtual instructor-led training our team of experts can provide a virtual instructor-led training learning experience where participants will say, “I didn’t check my email once!”
TrainSmart’s Virtual Instructor-led Training Services include:
- Redesigning a traditional instructor-led course to reflect vILT best practices
- Virtual Instructor-led course design, development, and facilitation
- Training your instructional designers on how to create successful vILT programs
- Training facilitators and producers how to deliver vILT sessions that promote engagement and collaboration
- vILT consulting on technology, format, content adaptation and facilitator and producer skills
Favorite Best Practices from TrainSmart’s vILT Team
- Limit vILT sessions to 90 minutes
- Create activities where participants break into small groups
- Utilize built-in tools like polling and chat box to encourage class participation and engagement
- Check-in with participants every three to five minutes during the presentation
- Ask participants to say their name every time they speak
We Offer The Following Workshops via Virtual Instructor-Led Delivery Method
- Effective Communication
- Effective Meeting Essentials
- Business Writing Essentials
- People Skills & Workplace Professionalism
- Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding Yourself Is The Key To Success
- Email Etiquette Training
- Communication – Foundation For Success
- Leadership Essentials
- Time Management Skills
- Project Management For Non-Project Managers
- Customer Service Essentials: Customer Smart
- Influence Without Authority
- Working With Virtual Teams
- Team Building 101
- Building Teamwork & Commitment
- Instructional Design Fundamentals Certificate
- Instructional Design – Digging Deeper
- Discovering the Power Of PowerPoint Certificate
- TTT – Training Using Discovery & Exploration
- TTT – Strategies & Tools To Foster Learning
- Virtual Training Development Certificate
- Live Virtual Train-the-Trainer Program
- DiSC Certification
- Training Evaluation Basics
- Instructional Design: Starting With The End In Mind
- Designing For eLearning: Where Do I Start
- Survival Skills For A New Trainer
A Few Of Our Clients We’ve Developed Virtual Instructor-Led Training For:
TrainSmart will work with you to make sure the training is relevant, compelling, engaging, sustainable and award-winning.
Call us 800-807-8030 ext.1 or fill out the form below to schedule a time to discuss your vision to see the best way that TrainSmart can support your next project!